The information held by MTV Youth Hampton for children and adults is securely controlled at all times, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. The information is only used for the purposes of running our clubs and events for young people as well as to keep you informed about our activities (in line with your preferences for MTV Youth Hampton contacting you). We will always handle information in a confidential manner and will not disclose it to any third party without your consent, unless we are obliged to do so by law. If 3rd party services are used we require them to adhere to the same privacy & security principles.
The information below refers to information collected and stored by the MTV Youth Hampton Charity.
The site may also make use of session cookies. Those cookies are necessary for site functionality and contain no personally identifiable information. They are deleted when the browser is closed.
Please note, that you can delete any cookies that are already stored on your computer. Please refer to the instructions for your browser or file management software on how to do so.
Personal information we may collect
When you donate, register online, take part in a sponsored event, contact us or interact with us in any other way MTV Youth Hampton may receive personal information about you or young people you are the guardian to, such as a name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, medical information or debit/credit card details. We will use this information only in line with the purpose of providing the information, such as storing consent information for a youth activity, processing payment for an event, keeping details of our regular supporters as well as to send you information about MTV Youth Hampton (based on the preferences you have indicated to us) and will delete such information when it is not longer required. Specifically the following applies:
- We will make every effort to keep personal details safe and secure.
- We will not pass on your details to a third party unless we are required to do so by law or to enable messages from MTV to be processed by a reputable firm.
- We will delete your details on your request but this will not include details we have to keep by law. Note that details collected on the Parental Consent Form can only be deleted if the relevant young person no longer attends the clubs run by MTV Youth Hampton or has completed the specific event organised by MTV Youth Hampton.
- We will delete all details, except those required to be retained by law, seven years after receipt. The personal details of a young person will in any case be deleted when they reach 18.
- You may request to see your personal details that we hold by emailing email@example.com or by writing to MTV Youth, c/o 7 Church Street, Hampton, TW12 2EB and we will supply these within one month. Should any of these details be inaccurate we will amend them promptly or provide you with an online link to update them yourself.
- Where permission has been given on a Parental Consent Form for a photograph to be taken of a young person or for a young person to take part in a short film these will:
- only be used in promotional material for MTV Youth Hampton or for major funders;
- only be taken during activities organised by MTV Youth Hampton;
- only be used where the young person cannot be identified by name.
Third party websites